Gain full visibility into your data ecosystem with Blindata’s data lineage capabilities. The tool provides both technical and semantic data lineage to give you a holistic understanding of where your data comes from and how it is used.
Technical Data Lineage
- Visualize your data flows with an interactive lineage graph.
- Easily see upstream and downstream data transformations and drill down into any step with a single click.
- Use Blindata SQL Lineage module to extract data lineage directly from your SQL queries, scripts, and pipelines to map all technical dependencies in your data architecture.
Semantical Data Lineage
- Onboard your data catalog and business glossary into Blindata. Then the Blindata Classification Module will automatically connect related data elements using custom classification rules.
- See how database tables and columns, analytical metrics, and business terms are interlinked to capture data flows at the semantic layer. The semantic lineage provides context around technical metadata to illuminate how data is used for business purposes.
Enable SQL Lineage
The SQL Lineage module’s parser collects schema metadata and SQL statements to construct the SQL syntax tree, providing a visual representation of the precise data flows and transformations present in the statements.
Business Glossary to Data Catalog
Connect the business glossary to the data catalog either manually or automatically by using the Data Classification module. It samples data and tries to attribute semantic meaning to individual elements using a set of user-defined rules.